This qualification is designed for anyone who is preparing for employment, employed, or self-employed in any business whatsoever. It’s aimed particularly at entry-level personnel, including those that operate their own business or are part owners in a business. It provides grounding in the key business essentials namely Numeracy, Literacy, Entrepreneurial, Financial, Technological and Cognitive. The Fundamental Component of the qualification enables learners to communicate and work with figures in a business environment, while the Core component offers empowerment in the areas of technology, life orientation, human and social sciences (customer service), economics and management (entrepreneurship), as well as cognition theory and practice.
- Fundamental Business Skills include Basic types of businesses and their legal implications, Nature of Business, Stakeholders and Business Profitability Basic Accounting Practice, Impact of Customer Service, Basic Marketing
- Life orientation covering Personal Health and grooming, Personal Values and Ethics, Basic Time Management, Interpreting and implementing Instructions, Analytical Perception, Personal Planning and Goal setting, Managing Personal Finances, Basic Health and Safety Awareness and HIV/Aids awareness
- Basic Computer Skills covering typing, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Outlook and Information Communication Technology
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship including Business Opportunities, Business Planning and Running and starting a business
- Fundamental Mathematical and Communication literacy
- Use fundamental skills in a business environment.
- Make appropriate use of Information and Communications Technology in an office setting.
- Understand and apply entrepreneurial and business knowledge and attitude.
- Incorporate life skills in an employment or self-employment situation.
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
- English proficiency
Learners will receive a Services Seta General Education and Training Certificate of competence with a minimum of 121 credits. Credits may vary depending on the electives selected by the learner.