Successful businesses require administrators to communicate information effectively between customers, employees and managers. It is essential that administrators can confidently make decisions, organise resources and information, and direct activities towards common goals.
This qualification provides the knowledge, skills and values needed for excellent administration.
It involves the management of an organisation through a team of dedicated key players who all have one common goal – the successful growth of the organisation.
The core component contains competencies in Information Handling, Communications, Enterprise/Customer Service, Technology, Organisation Skills, Self-development, Teamwork and Business Policies and Procedures. The elective component allows the learner to gain specialist knowledge, skills and insight in the areas of Reception, Executive Administration, Financial Services and Banking, Legal Administration and Human Resources.
This course is ideal for Learners who:
- Where previously disadvantaged, unable to complete their schooling and therefore unable to access Further Education training.
- Have experience but no qualifications – such learners can achieve the qualification through the Recognition of Prior Learning method.
- Wish to extend their range of skills and knowledge of administration within their respective industries so that they can extend their competency levels.
- The Business Environment
- Business Communication
- Business Reception
- Business Writing Skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Financial Administration
- PC Skills
- Meeting administration
- Business Administration
- Business Research
- Gather and report information
- Plan, Monitor and control information system
- Maintain booking systems
- Participate in meetings and process documents and communication related thereto.
- Utilise technology to produce information
- Plan and conduct basic research in an office environment
- Coordinate Meetings
- Set Personal goals
- Function in a team and overall business environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of employment relations.
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
- English proficiency
Competent learners will receive a Services Seta National Certificate of competence with a minimum of 120 credits. Credits may vary depending on the electives selected by the learner.