Administrators perform a key function connecting personnel and knowledge, and they need to be able to write articulately, problem solve, manage relationships as well as understand legal and business policies.
This qualification develops knowledge and skills in the management of records, comprehension of written and verbal texts, business writing, problem solving, ethics, cultural awareness, self-management and self-development, project teamwork and business policies and procedures. Through its elective component, the qualification enables the learner to specialize in areas of administration such as reception, executive administration, financial literacy, relationship management, legal knowledge, communication, project administration and support, call centre administration and human resources.
This Qualification is for any individual involved in the Administration function within any industry, non-commercial venture or organisation as well as unemployed individuals who wish to enhance their job prospects.
- Work and career orientation
- Business communication
- Second language communication
- Math literacy
- Finance for Office Administrators
- Customer Care
- Develop administration systems in a team context
- Present information that is routinely and regularly required
- Plan and organise own work
- Customer Service
- Comply with organisational ethics and code of conduct
- Maintain files as required
- Be sensitised to fraudulent activities within the working environment and how to take remedial action
- Display diversity awareness
- Solve work related problems with team members
- Apply effective Time Management techniques
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
- English proficiency
Learners will receive a Services Seta Further Education and Training Certificate of competence with a minimum of 140 credits. Credits may vary depending on the electives selected by the learner.