Laying the foundation for the development of management skills and competencies across various sectors and industries, this qualification introduces key terms, rules, concepts, principles and practices of management that enable learners to be smart effective managers in any occupation. The scope of management covers leadership, self and most importantly, facilitates a positive response to the challenging economic environment and changing world of work.
It has been developed to enable managers or prospective managers to access higher education and provide flexible access to life-long learning. It is intended for junior managers including team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
- Leadership and Management
- Management Skills
- Organisational Behaviour
- Develop plans to achieve defined objectives
- Organise resources in accordance with a developed plan
- Lead a team to work co-operatively to achieve objectives
- Monitor performance to ensure compliance with a developed plan
- Make decisions based on a code of ethics
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3.
- English proficiency
Learners will receive a Services Seta Further Education and Training Certificate of competence with a minimum of 150 credits. Credits may vary depending on the electives selected by the learner.