This qualification is designed to provide entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in the small, medium and micro enterprise (SMME) sector with the technical, business, managerial and personal skills to create and sustain a business. It provides a sound foundation, offering practical and theoretical training that equips the learner with the competencies and skills to participate in the SMME sector. The qualification meets the needs of South African society to provide potential entrepreneurs with skills to improve their personal circumstances and to uplift their communities.
- Module 1: Identify and create a new venture
- Module 2: Interpersonal skills required in a business environment
- Module 3: Basic economics within a market economy
- Module 4: Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques
- Module 5: The role of leadership and management
- Show an ability to identify and create a new venture
- Establish knowledge of the interpersonal skills required in the business environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques
- Exhibit an understanding of the role of leadership and management
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
- English proficiency
Learners will receive a Services Seta Further Education & Training Certificate of competence with a minimum of 149 credits. Credits may vary depending on the electives selected by the learner.