The primary purpose of this qualification is to introduce learners to the field of banking. It explores general banking concepts, including the banking regulatory environment, sales and marketing strategies, financial management and investment products.
It is fast becoming a pre-requisite in banks, insurance providers and medical aid insurers. It is a qualification certain to get you hired. It further has the purpose of providing benefits to society and the economy by enhancing citizenship, increasing social and economic productivity through skilled professionals, and redressing the legacies of inequity.
This qualification is suitable for persons wanting to work in the Financial Services Sector and those that are already employed in the sector. It can also be attained in the RPL format for those with experience but without the qualification.
- Legislation in The Banking Environment
- Banking Sales
- Addressing Client Needs
- Banking Transactions
- Business Banking
- Mortgage Loans
- Determine the banking related financial needs of a business
- Provide sales related service within the Banking sector
- Explain legislative and regulatory requirements and their impact
- Apply banking -related direct selling techniques
- Identify product features, advantages, and benefits to the customer
- Educate a customer on Bank Products and services
- Process Banking transactions
- Process customer requests for cheque books, counter cheques, and bank cheques
- Manage cash in till or under-counter safe in a banking environment
- Transfer and close Bank accounts
- Structure Banking – related property finance solution to meet a business need
- Structure a financial solution to meet a Banking need
- Assess the viability of a business Banking opportunity
- Present the factual requirements of Mortgage finance options
- Guide a borrower through an application for a mortgage loan
- To work effectively with others as a member of a team
- Matric and /or Experience in the Banking industry.
- A combination of competencies obtained in the Further Education and Training band will serve as a learning base to progress to the level 5 qualification.
Learners will receive a BANKSETA National Certificate of competence with a minimum of 150 credits. Credits may vary depending on the electives selected by the learner.