This qualification forms part of a learning pathway of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It is specifically designed to develop management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who manage first line managers. The qualification further develops the key concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to lead, manage, organise and control first line managers and team leaders. The scope of generic management covers five domains: leadership, managing the environment, managing relations, managing knowledge and the practice of management.
- Ops Strategy and Planning
- Leadership and coaching
- Ethics and Risk
- Conflict, Diversity and Negotiations
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies
- Monitor and Measure performance and apply continuous improvement strategies
- Lead and manage a team of first line mangers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness
- Build relationships with superiors and stakeholders across the value chain
- Adhere to principles of risk, financial management and business ethics externally and internally
- Enhance the development of teams and team members
Learners must be competent in communication at NQF level 4 and mathematical literacy at NQF level 4. (This is generally proven through a National Senior Certificate or equivalent.)
Learners will receive a Services Seta National Certificate of competence with a minimum of 162 credits. Credits may vary depending on the electives selected by the learner.