This qualification forms part of a learning pathway of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It is specifically designed to develop Skills Development Management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who manage first line managers within the Banking profession. The qualification further develops the key concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to lead, manage, organise and control first line managers and team leaders. The scope of generic management covers five domains: leadership, managing the environment, managing relations, managing knowledge and the practice of management.
- Operations Strategy and Planning
- Leadership and coaching
- Ethics and Risk
- Conflict, Diversity and Negotiations
- Manage individual careers.
- Develop and implement a strategy and action plans for a team, department or division.
- Set, monitor and measure the achievement of goals and objectives for a team, department or division within an organisation.
- Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation.
- Implement skills development as workplace learning to support organisational transformation.
- Promote a learning culture in an organisation.
Learners must be competent in communication at NQF level 4 and mathematical literacy at NQF level 4. (This is generally proven through a National Senior Certificate or equivalent.)
Learners will receive a Services Seta National Certificate of competence with a minimum of 162 credits. Credits may vary depending on the electives selected by the learner.
12 months inclusive of workplace experiential training.